The Interstitial Arts Foundation, unlike many other nonprofit organizations, is entirely run by volunteers. To produce our projects, we rely on contributions from members like you, so please consider renewing or joining us today.
In 2012, with your help, the Interstitial Arts Foundation:
- Offered salons and town halls open to all interstitial artists in New York, Boston, and Indianapolis
- Introduced the new work of exciting interstitial artists to others on our blog and Facebook page
- Helped our friends and supporters achieve their crowd-funding goals through publicity boosts and sharing of their ideas
- Continued sales of our groundbreaking international anthologies, Interfictions and Interfictions 2
- Published Interfictions Zero, a rolling online anthology of interstitial criticism on interstitial texts
In 2013, we have even more events and projects planned, including our newest project, Interfictions: A Journal of Interstitial Arts, to be edited by Christopher Barzak, Meghan McCarron, and Sofia Samatar, with IAF Co-Founder Delia Sherman as Executive Editor. Launching in Spring 2013, this bi-annual, online anthology will grow to include all kinds of art---visual, performing, interactive---that transcends boundaries and refuses to be kept in a box. But to make this all work, we need you!
We look forward to meeting everyone as we expand across the country and across other boundaries in the arts. We want to invite new ideas, new perspectives, new members, and new and renewed support for the IAF. Your emails, attendance at IAF-related events, volunteering, and financial support have been vital to our success. Please take a moment now and consider making a gift to the IAF, so we can make 2013 as much of a success as 2012 and thank you for everything you have done already!
How to Join
When you contribute $25 or more, you become a "Friend of the Interstitial Arts Foundation." You can make an online donation immediately by going to our Click & Pledge page. If you’re making a donation by check, please make it payable to Interstitial Arts Foundation, Inc., and send it to:
The Interstitial Arts Foundation
P.O. Box 35862
Boston, MA 02135
Please include a note with it giving us the URL you’d like us to link to from your name on our "Friends of the IAF" page, if you'd appreciate such a link.
The Interstitial Arts Foundation is a Massachusetts Corporation and has been granted provisional 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Your contributions to the Foundation are tax-deductible within the general limits prescribed by the U.S tax code for contributions to charitable organizations.
MONEY ISN'T EVERYTHING
There are many ways to support the Interstitial Arts Foundation's work:
- Host an Interstitial Arts salon in your town!
- Feature an IAF banner on your website
- Print and hand out IAF or Interfictions flyers at conferences and shows
- Read and review Interfictions: the Anthology of Interstitial Writing or Interfictions 2
- Join the conversation on the IAF weblog
- Follow our broadcasts on the official IAF Twitter feed
- Share your art with the IAF pool at Flickr
- Join the IAF Facebook group
- Sign up for our spam-free occasional newsletter
Right now, almost everyone involved in the IAF, from event organizers to contributors to this website, participates on a volunteer basis. Many of us are working artists of one kind or another, and are able to commit to this work on a project-by-project basis between deadlines.
If you are interested in volunteering your time, expertise, contacts or general enthusiasm, please write to us at
Thank you for your support of Interstitial Arts and the many people who value them!